When embarking on an LCHF eating plan, the most difficult pleasure to give up is bread. I have searched high and low, tried various recipes and this is one of the best … enjoyed by both LCHF followers as well as the lucky ones that do not need to follow an eating plan.
As almond flour is quite costly, I have started to substitute it with macadamia nut flour. The taste is just as good but it is easier on the pocket.
- 1 block Philadelphia/ Lancewood full-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 6 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 4 cups almond flour or macadamia nut flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped chives or spring onions (optional)
- Mix cream cheese, eggs and cider vinegar in a food processor.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, mustard powder and cayenne pepper. Blitz for a few seconds.
- Add the cheddar cheese and chives/onions and fold in. Do not blitz in the food processor again as the cheese will become too mushy.
- Pour into a well-greased bread tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 190°
- Let the bread cool off in the tin before turning it out.
- I slice the bread and freeze two slices per Ziploc bags.