Easy Lamb Shank
Sometimes my day job interferes with my love for cooking and with a hubby that is an ardent athlete, I feel that I need to put forward a decent evening meal. Hence my love for easy, carefree recipes. This Easy Lamb Shank recipe has been prepared many times just for the two of us, but it can easily be adapted to serve as many as you are catering for. Enjoy!
- 2 Lamb Shanks
- 1 Punnet Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 Medium Onions (quartered)
- 2 Cloves fresh Garlic (chopped)
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary (chopped)
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Sprig Oregano
- Pre-Heat the oven to 180° C. Wash the shanks and pat dry.
- Rub the shanks with olive oil and balsamic vinegar to cover completely.
- Place in a thick based casserole dish (I use a Le Creuset casserole dish).
- Pack the tomatoes, onion, oregano and garlic around the shanks and drizzle with some extra olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with a lid or foil and cook for 2,5 hours or till the meat just start falling off the bone, turning the meat over at least twice.
- Serve with your choice of starch … I prefer buttery mash.